Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Central Standard Friday
Thu March 14, 2013
Irish History in Kansas City
As St. Patrick's Day approaches next week, the 'Kiss Me I'm Irish' t-shirts are getting pulled out of the closets and shamrocks will plaster the city. Kansas City has a special relationship with Irish culture that goes hand in hand with the city's narrative.
On this Central Standard Friday, historian and author Monroe Dodd, looks at the Irish culture that is in Kansas City year round. Our guests are Kerry Browne of Browne's Irish Marketplace, the oldest Irish-owned business in America, as well as Bob Reeder, a musical performer and expert on the history of the Weston Brewing Company.
So sit back, grab a pint and find your Irish side with Central Standard Friday.
Up To Date