Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Tue October 23, 2007
An Interview with Architect Kyu Sung Woo
When the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art at Johnson County Community College opened to the public on Saturday, October 27th, it's likely visitors first noticed the striking minimalist architecture. With its off-white limestone and glass exterior, the Nerman provides a stark contrast to the red-brick buildings on campus.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – KCUR's Laura Spencer talked to Cambridge, Massachusetts based design architect Kyu Sung Woo about his approach.
The Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art at Johnson County Community College opens to the public on Saturday, October 27, 2 - 5 pm, and visitors are invited to tour the museum and art across campus. Docents will be in the galleries, a video featuring three artists in the collection will play in the Hudson auditorium, and there will be activities for the entire family.