Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue June 26, 2012
Inside The Urban Farm Movement
People have always grown food in urban spaces – from windowsills to neighborhood parks – but today, urban farmers say they’re leading a new movement. On this Wednesday's Central Standard, a look at efforts to transform the nation’s food system.
Our guest Ethno-Biologist Edwin Marty has studied the exploding urban farm movement all over the nation - from backyard food swaps to a restaurant supply garden on a Brooklyn rooftop. He's the author of Breaking Through Concrete: Building An Urban Farm Revival.
Kansas City, what are your experiences with urban farming here in the metro and what do you think about its long-term viability? Give us a call at 816-235-2888 or shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Author Edwin Marty gave a free talk Tuesday, June 26th at 6 p.m. at the Kansas City Public Library, Central Branch, 14 West 10th Street. This event was sponsored by Cultivate Kansas City and Chipotle. More info.