Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Tue June 26, 2012
Inside The Urban Farm Movement
People have always grown food in urban spaces – from windowsills to neighborhood parks – but today, urban farmers say they’re leading a new movement. On this Wednesday's Central Standard, a look at efforts to transform the nation’s food system.
Our guest Ethno-Biologist Edwin Marty has studied the exploding urban farm movement all over the nation - from backyard food swaps to a restaurant supply garden on a Brooklyn rooftop. He's the author of Breaking Through Concrete: Building An Urban Farm Revival.
Kansas City, what are your experiences with urban farming here in the metro and what do you think about its long-term viability? Give us a call at 816-235-2888 or shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author Edwin Marty gave a free talk Tuesday, June 26th at 6 p.m. at the Kansas City Public Library, Central Branch, 14 West 10th Street. This event was sponsored by Cultivate Kansas City and Chipotle. More info.