Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Thu August 30, 2012
Inside Jim Leedy's Art Studio
The legendary artist Jim Leedy gives this piece of advice to any budding artist: always be conscious of where you've been when heading in a new direction. Jim Leedy’s known for his many journey's and new directions, now documented in an upcoming film.
On this Thursday's Central Standard, we're joined by Jim Leedy and producer Kevin Mcgraw. We recently visited with Leedy in his Crossroads studio. There we learned how his paintings and ceramics speak to him, and how he considers all his work a true collaboration with nature.
There's also a Kickstarter campaign in progress for "Leedy: The Documentary." Find out more here.
A public screening of “Leedy: The Documentary” takes place at 8:30 pm (SOLD OUT) Friday, Aug. 31 at Screenland Crossroads Theater, 1656 Washington Street, Kansas City, Mo. A second showing is also scheduled for 10 pm. A reception follows at the Leedy-Voulkos Art Center, 2012 Baltimore Avenue, Kansas City, Mo. KCPT is expected to air the documentary in the fall (note: a date has not yet been set).