Most Active Stories
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- The Story Behind The 'Royal' Newspaper Every Kansas Citian Will Save
- For Kansas City Veteran And Singer, 'God Bless America' Stirs Up Pride In City, Country
- Rethinking How To Assess Public Transit Needs
Thu August 30, 2012
Inside Jim Leedy's Art Studio
The legendary artist Jim Leedy gives this piece of advice to any budding artist: always be conscious of where you've been when heading in a new direction. Jim Leedy’s known for his many journey's and new directions, now documented in an upcoming film.
On this Thursday's Central Standard, we're joined by Jim Leedy and producer Kevin Mcgraw. We recently visited with Leedy in his Crossroads studio. There we learned how his paintings and ceramics speak to him, and how he considers all his work a true collaboration with nature.
There's also a Kickstarter campaign in progress for "Leedy: The Documentary." Find out more here.
A public screening of “Leedy: The Documentary” takes place at 8:30 pm (SOLD OUT) Friday, Aug. 31 at Screenland Crossroads Theater, 1656 Washington Street, Kansas City, Mo. A second showing is also scheduled for 10 pm. A reception follows at the Leedy-Voulkos Art Center, 2012 Baltimore Avenue, Kansas City, Mo. KCPT is expected to air the documentary in the fall (note: a date has not yet been set).