Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Thu August 30, 2012
Inside Jim Leedy's Art Studio
The legendary artist Jim Leedy gives this piece of advice to any budding artist: always be conscious of where you've been when heading in a new direction. Jim Leedy’s known for his many journey's and new directions, now documented in an upcoming film.
On this Thursday's Central Standard, we're joined by Jim Leedy and producer Kevin Mcgraw. We recently visited with Leedy in his Crossroads studio. There we learned how his paintings and ceramics speak to him, and how he considers all his work a true collaboration with nature.
There's also a Kickstarter campaign in progress for "Leedy: The Documentary." Find out more here.
A public screening of “Leedy: The Documentary” takes place at 8:30 pm (SOLD OUT) Friday, Aug. 31 at Screenland Crossroads Theater, 1656 Washington Street, Kansas City, Mo. A second showing is also scheduled for 10 pm. A reception follows at the Leedy-Voulkos Art Center, 2012 Baltimore Avenue, Kansas City, Mo. KCPT is expected to air the documentary in the fall (note: a date has not yet been set).