Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Thu January 31, 2013
Immigration Policy In Kansas City
Immigration reform is a hot topic for legislators nationwide, and this week both President Obama and a bipartisan group of senators proposed changes to immigration policy. In a city located in the dead center of the country, it might seem illegal immigration is not the biggest issue facing Kansas City, but that is not the case.
Today on Central Standard, we look at the issue of undocumented immigrants in Kansas City. With around 11 million undocumented workers in our country, this is an issue nobody can ignore, no matter what side of the argument you support. Our guests look at the reality of illegal immigration in our city and what the effects of potential changes to the law could have on local businesses and residents.