Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon June 11, 2012
I-70 Construction Detours Set To Start Mid-Week
One of the heaviest-traveled Kansas City interstate highway connections will close on Wednesday morning, June 13th, after rush hours.
It will affect traffic moving westward from the east side suburbs such as Independence, Lee's Summit and Blue Springs.
The bottleneck will start around Truman Sports Complex where Interstates 70 and 435 meet.
Steve Porter with MoDot said the construction project is building the Route 40 to Northbound I-435 ramp that will come right into that area.
He said motorists are going to have to detour West on I-70 to the Manchester Trafficway off-ramp. Then drivers will turn left under I-70 to the Manchester on-ramp and then go Eastbound I-70. Porter said the last leg of the relatively short detour will take drivers Northbound to the 435 ramp.
To prepare for the changes, Manchester Trafficway will be cut to one lane each direction starting at 9 a.m. June 12th.
The interstate ramps will be closed for construction through June 27th, and the closings are certain to affect thousands of morning drivers every day.