Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Thu December 12, 2013
How You Filled In The Blank: You Know You’re A KC Techie When …
You know you’re a Kansas City techie when “@KCUR wants to know.”
That’s how Kansas City Startup Village (Twitter: @KCSV) filled in the blank on Twitter when we asked our listeners and followers on social media to complete this sentence: You know you’re a Kansas City techie when …
Some of the authors of the more than 40 responses we received on Twitter made fun of the idea of techies calling in with a message.
Case in point: One of our few callers said he knew he was a KC techie because he wasn’t quite sure how to leave us a voicemail.
See highlights from the Twitter conversation below. (See the full Twitter exchange online.)
The fill-in-the-blank query, whose responses spanned from tie-ins to Google Fiber to the local startup scene, was part of the lead-up to our hour-long talk show on Thursday that took at a look at how far Kansas City has come as a technology town.
Tell KCUR is part of a new initiative to engage the community and shine a light on your experiences and opinions. We’ll ask a new question every week and then share your feedback on the air and online.
Business & Tech