Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon January 30, 2012
How To Survive As An Artist In KC
Megan Turek has a gift. She’s a professional costume designer for theater, whose work is going to be featured in an upcoming Unicorn Theater show called Next Fall.
Her dream? To do this kind of work in the Theater Capital of NYC. But before she packs her racks and goes – she has a few more things to learn about supporting this passion – she’s enrolling in a program to help teach her business of being an artist.
On Monday's Central Standard, a look at how to financially survive as a full-time artist. Hear how artists can manage unconventional, even unpredictable money-matters. Our guests include costume designer Megan Turek, interdisciplinary artist Jose Faus, and Diane Scott of Artists Inc.