Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Tue May 7, 2013
How To Address Depression
According to the CDC 1 in 10 adults report being depressed and 11% of Americans over 12 years old take some form of antidepressant medication. Depression –is a mental disorder that is more severe than just sad feelings. It can last long periods of time, include feelings of hopelessness and uselessness. Cause chronic pain, headaches, sleeping and eating disorders, and thoughts of suicide. Depression makes day to day life seem pointless or impossible to handle.
Dr. Bruce Liese, a psychologist at KU Medical Center, explores the various elements of depression from diagnosis to treatment through to recovery.