Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Central Standard Friday
Mon April 15, 2013
History: Land of Promise: An Economic History of the United States
History host Monroe Dodd speaks with Michael Lind about his most recent book, Land of Promise: An Economic History of the United States. They explore the curious history of the United States from its inception to today through the lens of three distinct economic republics. These three periods of American history are distinct in their incredible transformation brought about by technological and subsequent economical changes that also transformed the very way America understands itself.
Michael Lind is Policy Director of the Economic Growth Program at New America Foundation in Washington, D.C.