Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Thu June 5, 2014
Historic Northeast Neighborhoods: People, Art, Food
As part of KCUR's Beyond Our Borders series, Central Standard met with a handful of residents of Kansas City's historic Northeast to hear about the people and projects shaping the future of that part of town. In particular, artist Hector Casanova told us about his project working with students to transform a boarded-up old school building in the neighborhood by treating its surfaces as a giant canvas.
In the second half of the show, we got some suggestions for where to eat in one of the most diverse neighborhoods in the city.
We also heard Kansas Citians' perspectives on this week's visit from the Republican National Convention site-selection committee. If Kansas City is selected, the Republican National Convention will be held here in 2016.
Beyond Our Borders