Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Central Standard Friday
Sat January 19, 2013
Historic Building Preservation In Kansas City
Change is inevitable. But what if that change affects a community-loved building, or historic landmark?
On Central Standard Friday, Monroe Dodd will examine what happens when a structure we feel emotionally connected to, comes up for demolition. Joining him will be Erik Heitman, Project Architect at BNIM and chair of Kansas City's Historic Preservation Commission, Amanda Crawley, Executive Director of the Historic Kansas City Foundation, and Brad Wolf, of Kansas City's Historic Preservation Office.