Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Up to Date
Mon October 15, 2012
Health Insurance & Cigarette Tax On Missouri Ballot
Health insurance, one of the major issues of the presidential election, is making a bigger impact on Missouri’s state ballot.
In the second half of Monday's Up to Date, KCUR health reporter Elana Gordon tells us about the proposed cigarette tax increase called Proposition B as well as Proposition E, which seeks to require the state legislature or voter approval before Gov. Jay Nixon or other state agencies create a health insurance exchange.
Monday’s Up to Date has all the details to explain these complicated proposals.
Elana Gordon covers the health beat at KCUR. She was previously a production assistant for Up to Date and reported for the bilingual newspaper, Dos Mundos. Before taking the plunge into radio, Gordon worked as a prevention specialist at a health clinic.
She has a dual degree in political science and music from Barnard College.