Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Up to Date
Mon October 15, 2012
Health Insurance & Cigarette Tax On Missouri Ballot
Health insurance, one of the major issues of the presidential election, is making a bigger impact on Missouri’s state ballot.
In the second half of Monday's Up to Date, KCUR health reporter Elana Gordon tells us about the proposed cigarette tax increase called Proposition B as well as Proposition E, which seeks to require the state legislature or voter approval before Gov. Jay Nixon or other state agencies create a health insurance exchange.
Monday’s Up to Date has all the details to explain these complicated proposals.
Elana Gordon covers the health beat at KCUR. She was previously a production assistant for Up to Date and reported for the bilingual newspaper, Dos Mundos. Before taking the plunge into radio, Gordon worked as a prevention specialist at a health clinic.
She has a dual degree in political science and music from Barnard College.