Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Wed September 25, 2013
Hanaway May Run For Missouri Governor In 2016
Originally published on Wed September 25, 2013 9:40 am
Former Missouri House Speaker Catherine Hanaway says she's considering running for Governor in 2016.
According to the Associated Press, Hanaway says a lot of people she trusts and respects have been encouraging her to run for Governor. The Republican from St. Louis County served as Missouri's first female House Speaker from 1999 to 2005, and was the GOP nominee in 2004 for Secretary of State, losing to Democrat Robin Carnahan. She also served as U.S. Attorney for Missouri's Eastern District, and now practices law in St. Louis.
Attorney General Chris Koster is expected to be the leading Democratic contender for Missouri Governor in 2016.
Follow Marshall Griffin on Twitter: @MarshallGReport