Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Wed February 29, 2012
Geo-Pride Tattoos In Vogue
You don't have to hang out in Westport or walk along Mass Ave for long before you'll likely spot an elbow with an area code, a shoulder with a familiar skyline or an ankle with a certain state flower.
We sent Central Standard contributor Ashley Ferguson out to scope out this unique display of hometown pride in our area. In the story you heard from voices of Geo-tattoo recipients Colin Armfield, Emily Farris, Cat Simpson, Kelly Kearns, Iain Blair, and Sam Hall. We also spoke with Tony Harrison, co-owner of Grimms Tattoo, Noah Moore from Freaks on Burlington (now Old Souls Tattoo in the Crossroads), and Professor Shannon Jackson, Associate Professor of Anthropology at UMKC.
Corey Miller, renowned tattoo artist and star of LA Ink will be hosting a celebration of tattoo and cocktail artistry in Overland Park, KS this Sunday, March 4th. The event will be at Fuel, 7300 W. 119th Street starting at 8pm.