Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Up to Date
Wed September 19, 2012
The Future Of Bishop Robert Finn
Members of a national Catholic organization -- the National Survivor Advocates Coalition -- on Sunday demanded that Finn resign. A spokeswoman for that group said simply, "A criminally convicted bishop cannot lead."
The bishop is the highest-ranking U.S. Catholic cleric to be convicted in the church’s decades-long child sexual abuse scandal.
Joshua J. McElwee is an NCR staff writer whose reporting and feature writing have earned several awards from the Catholic Press Association and have been featured in The Huffington Post, The Irish Catholic, and other outlets. A graduate of The Catholic University of America, he is also a member of the Holy Family Catholic Worker community in Kansas City, Mo. His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cops & Crime