Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Thu May 16, 2013
Fresh Petition Attempt To Save Current KCI
An ad hoc group trying to preserve the current building layout at KCI Airport is trying another tack to halt major changes at the complex.
The “Friends of KCI” will start gathering signatures for an initiative petition.
This effort would let voters decide in November if the plan for a single terminal will proceed.
The last petition attempt by the group was thrown out because it was trying to change a City Council resolution.
Spokesman for the group, John Murphy, said it will take getting 3,500 signatures to put the questions on a ballot and it has to be done by next month.
The petition, Murphy said, mandates a public referendum before the city begins razing current or construction of new buildings at any public airport in Kansas City.
The city attorney declined comment on the bid.