Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat October 13, 2012
Fresh Air Weekend: Tig Notaro, Louis C.K., Nate Silver
Originally published on Mon October 15, 2012 1:22 pm
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Tig Notaro On Going 'Live' About Her Life
Tig Notaro walked onstage hours after finding out she was diagnosed with cancer, and talked about it in a standup comedy set that Louis C.K. described in a tweet as masterful. Notaro talks with Fresh Air's Terry Gross about the set, titled Tig Notaro: Live.
Louis C.K.'s Diagnosis: 'Masterful'
Louis C.K. decided to offer Tig Notaro: Live exclusively on his website when he saw the comedian perform a set just hours after receiving her cancer diagnosis.
'Signal' And 'Noise': Prediction As Art And Science
Statistical analyst Nate Silver says humility is key to making accurate predictions. Silver, who writes the New York Times' FiveThirtyEight blog, has just written a new book called The Signal and the Noise.
You can listen to the original interviews here:
- Tig Notaro On Going 'Live' About Her Life
- Louis C.K.'s Diagnosis: 'Masterful'
- 'Signal' And 'Noise': Prediction As Art And Science