Most Active Stories
- St. Joseph School Board Ousts Superintendent
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurant Ambiance In Kansas City
- Missouri State Auditor Rates St. Joseph School District Performance 'Poor'
- St. Joseph School Board Fires Another Administrator, Demotes HR Director
- States May Have To Pay Millions For Fighting Same-Sex Marriage Cases
Thu June 4, 2009
Foundation Funds Programs For Regional Jail
Kansas City, MO – Plans for the new regional jail are moving ahead, with the same mental health and social services program that is in place in the Kansas City correctional Institute.
A council committee got the good news Wednesday that the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City will continue its $900,000, three year grant that finances the programs.
Jane Mosley of the Foundation told a city council committee that the decision came after studying plans for the new facility and talking with current providers. Mosley says the funding will flow through the city to the county, which simplifies things even more.
The full council is to vote today(June 4th) on freeing up funds for the jail project, including a $2 million contract with the Konrath Group to oversee construction of the facility, which is scheduled to open in August.