Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu July 29, 2010
Found Alive Three Weeks Later
The Lenexa man who vanished three weeks ago and was found yesterday is recuperating at a hospital. There is still very little known about why he wandered away.
58-year-old Larry Schnackenberg was the object of multiple searches in the Shawnee Mission Park area where his car was found July 8th.
Today his family met with reporters to thank the community for caring about Schnackenberg. His son David spoke about his dad's dehydration and bug bites, referencing the mystery.
"Although many questions remain as to the circumstances of the past three weeks, right now we're just simply enjoying the fact that he's back in our lives," Schnackenberg's son said.
Lenexa police have been trying to learn why Schnackenberg dropped out of sight. He was found by a park employee wandering along a trail.
He survived with water from drinking fountains and food from waste containers.