Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up To Date
Mon April 28, 2014
Former Brownback Aides Under FBI Scrutiny
Over the weekend, the Topeka Capital-Journal reported that the Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking into Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback’s KanCare Medicaid program.
The FBI inquiry focuses on a group called Parallel Strategies, a consulting and lobbying firm run by former Brownback aides who also have ties to health care providers. The main questions: did Brownback’s representatives urge companies to hire this specific lobbying firm? And were organizations or individuals who refused to cooperate targeted politically or financially?
In the final portion of Monday's program, Steve Kraske talks with reporter Tim Carpenter about the story.
- Tim Carpenter is the statehouse bureau chief for the Topeka Capital-Journal.