Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Food and Drink
Thu October 8, 2009
Food Writer Ruth Reichl from Steve Kraske's Kitchen
Gourmet magazine editor Ruth Reichl, Master Sommelier Doug Frost and chef Ted Habiger gather around host Steve Kraske's kitchen for some nice wine, food and discussion.
It was a difficult week for food writer Ruth Reichl: she and her staff learned that the Conde' Nast company was folding Gourmet after a 68 year run.
But Reichl will carry on the tradition of great food, and we were happy to commiserate with her and celebrate the rich history of Gourmet and her new cookbook Gourmet Today.
In a special live broadcast from Up to Date host Steve Kraske's kitchen, Reichl talks about ideas for quick weeknight meals, healthy eating, and how to incorporate an entire array of new foods into our cooking.
Also joining us around the kitchen table: Room 39 owner and chef Ted Habiger and Master Sommelier/Master of Wine Doug Frost. They talk about how to make gourmet dishes in your own kitchen, what wines or drinks might pair best with food, and we spend some time at the stove cooking up dishes of our own to share with our guests.