Korea has been top of mind lately as the threat of conflict has been rising, but on this Central Standard Friday the food critics take a look at another explosive element of this country's culture: its cuisine. From famous dishes like kimchi and Bibimbap, we look at what makes up Korean food, and where you can find it in Kansas City.
Our critics this week are Charles Feruzza, Grace Suh, Emily Farris, Chris Becicka and Gloria Gale.
Here is a list of the Korean restaurants in the Kansas City area that were recommended by the critics, by listeners and by our Facebook community:
- Choga Korean Restaurant - 6920 W 105th Street, Overland Park, Kan.
- Korean Restaurant Sobahn - 7800 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Overland Park, Kan.
- Chung's Rainbow Restaurant - 10336 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, Kan.
- Chosun Korean BBQ - 12611 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, Kan.
- Red Snapper - 8430 Ward Parkway Plaza, Kansas City, MO
- Oriental Supermarket - 10336 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, Kan.
- Neo Deli - 911 Main Street, Kansas City, MO ( They have a version of bibimbap.)
- Frank's Hot Dogs - 520 Southwest Boulevard, Kansas City, MO (For the kimchi/Korean dog.)
- Kokori Maki House - 340 West 75th Street, Kansas City, MO
- Korean House - 10118 West 119th Street, Overland Park, Kan.
- Rainbow Restaurant - 7101 Northwest Barry Road, Kansas City, MO
Here are the new and notable restaurants that were discussed by the critics at the beginning of the show:
- Lutfi's Fried Fish - 3037 Main Street, Kansas City, MO
- Dagwood's Cafe - 1117 Southwest Boulevard, Kansas City, MO
- Remedy - 500 West 75th Street, Kansas City, MO
- Jasmin Thai - 11839 Roe Avenue, Leawood, Kan.
- Jasmine - 719 Main Street Eudora, Kan.
- Frida's - 7200 121 Street, Overland Park, Kan.
- Ameristar Steak House and Pearl's Oyster House - 3200 North Ameristar Drive, Kansas City, MO
- Milbourn's Family Restaurant - I-29 Highway and DD Highway, Faucett, MO