Summer in Kansas City is a unique time each year when the sun becomes relentless and the humidity makes it impossible to breathe. Sure, we've got air conditioning, but what if we need to go outdoors as well?
The Food Critics return to discuss the best way to beat the summer heat: frozen treats!
Host Charles Ferruzza talked with critics Gloria Gale, Mary Bloch, and Emily Farris to discuss the best ice cream, popsicles, frozen yogurt, and frozen novelties (FroYo and FroNo for the uninitiated) in Kansas City.
- Foo Frozen Custard – 6235 Brookside Plaza, Kansas City, Mo.
- Snow & Co.– 1815 Wyandotte Street, Kansas City, Mo.
- Poppy’s Ice Cream & Coffee House – 307 SE Douglas Lee’s Summit, Mo.
- Little Freshie - 811 W. 17th Street, Kansas City, Mo.
- Paleterias Tropicana – 831 Southwest Blvd. Kansas City, Mo.
- Murray’s Ice Cream – 4120 Pennsylvania Kansas City, Mo.
- Miami Ice – 1624 w 39th Street, Kansas City, Mo.
- Bonbon Frozen Yogurt & More - 9524 Antioch Road, Overland Park, Kan.
- Glace – 4960 Main Street, Kansas City, Mo.
- Lidia’s – 101 West 22nd Street, Kansas City, Mo.
- Chubby’s on Broadway– (chocolate malt) 3756 Broadway Street, Kansas City, Mo.
- Aunt Jean’s– 11210 Johnson Drive, Shawnee, Kan.
- The Rieger Hotel– 1924 Main Street, Kansas City, Mo.
- Justus Drugstore– (blue cheese and black pepper ice cream) – 106 West Main Street, Smithville, Mo.
- Frida’s– (corn milk ice cream) 7200 121st Street, Overland Park, Kan.
- Red Mango– 8990 NorthWest Skyview Ave. Kansas City, Mo.
- Fud (dairy-free)– 813 W. 17th Street Kansas City, Mo.