Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Around the Nation
Fri May 10, 2013
Florida Man Fleeing From Cops Attacked By Alligator
Originally published on Fri May 10, 2013 7:10 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Police in Pinellas County, Florida pulled over Bryan Zuniga at a traffic stop. The man ran away but his already bad day got worse, because as he fled he was attacked by an alligator. Police later arrested him at the hospital where he was being treated for his wounds. You may have seen those TV commercials, on for years, where a dog urges you to take a bite out of crime. This is not precisely what the crime dog meant, but close enough.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.