Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri January 23, 2009
Five Island Diaries: Stories of Love Lost and Found
In her memoir Five Island Diaries: Stories of Love Lost and Found, author Martha McCarty recalls moments from her childhood in Iowa in the 1950s, a stint in college in Nebraska in the 60s, and adult life in Missouri in the 70s.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – McCarty told KCUR's Laura Spencer that in some ways she approached her memoir as she did her feature writing for newspapers and magazines.
On Sunday, January 25, at 2 p.m. at the Plaza Branch, 4801 Main St., Martha McCarty, winner of Kansas City's 2008 Thorpe Menn Award, will discuss her book Five Island Diaries: Stories of Love Lost and Found.
This event is co-sponsored by Prospero's Bookstore and Spartan Press. The event is free and a 1:30 p.m. reception precedes the discussion.