Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed July 30, 2014
Fishing In Kansas City, On Both Sides Of The State Line
Crappies, blue gills, blue bass and catfish. If that menu sounds tasty to you, then you are in luck, because that's what you stand to catch if you go fishing in and around Kansas City.
On Wednesday's Central Standard, we listened to an audio postcard from Troost Lake at 27th and Paseo on a busy Sunday afternoon, when lots of fishermen were out on the water catching dinner. We also chatted with area experts about how those urban lakes and ponds get stocked with fish, what locals interested in fishing need to do to prepare for a first outing, why those who fish do it, and the best places to go.