Most Active Stories
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- Four Playoff Teams, One Kansas City Firm: Populous Rules The Ballparks
- The Story Behind The 'Royal' Newspaper Every Kansas Citian Will Save
- KU Hospital: Patient Admitted Monday At 'Low To Moderate Risk' Of Ebola
Tue December 31, 2013
Findings Delayed In Probe Of Deadly JJ's Restaurant Explosion
A Missouri State agency has asked for more time to report findings on the deadly explosion at JJ’s Restaurant in Kansas City, Mo. The findings are now expected nearly a year after the blast and fire.
A report had earlier been expected weeks ago.
A buildup of flammable natural gas exploded at the restaurant on the west side of the Country Club Plaza last Feb. 19. It killed one person, Megan Cramer, who worked at the restaurant.
A key point of the investigation has been why the gas was not shut off after a feeder line was punctured. Missouri Gas Energy Company operations are regulated by state and federal agencies.
Staff of the Missouri Public Service Commission have asked for more time, until Feb. 6 at the latest, to complete the investigation and reveal what they’ve concluded happened and why.
The report is also expected to outline future safety recommendations.