Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon July 25, 2011
Duets with Dad
What's it like for a seventeen-year-old girl to sing a duet, in public, with her dad? For Shanice Hayes, it's not only a joy, it's a profession.
By Susan B. Wilson
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Over the past few years, a pair of streets musicians on the Plaza has been attracting some crowds. KCUR's Susan B. Wilson recently chatted with father and daughter duo Maurice and Shanice Hayes about the genesis of this family band.
For more photos and information on upcoming performances, go to their website.