Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon July 25, 2011
Duets with Dad
What's it like for a seventeen-year-old girl to sing a duet, in public, with her dad? For Shanice Hayes, it's not only a joy, it's a profession.
By Susan B. Wilson
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Over the past few years, a pair of streets musicians on the Plaza has been attracting some crowds. KCUR's Susan B. Wilson recently chatted with father and daughter duo Maurice and Shanice Hayes about the genesis of this family band.
For more photos and information on upcoming performances, go to their website.