Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Up to Date
Wed November 20, 2013
Downtown Kansas City Streetcar Project: What's Next?
Construction has already begun on the first leg of Kansas City’s streetcar system. The two mile line will run between the River Market area and Crown Center.
Now officials are looking at potential routes for a second leg and beyond. Where should the second leg go? Is it inevitable that route No. 2 will extend to the Plaza and maybe UMKC?
In the first portion of Wednesday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske talks with a member of the downtown streetcar construction team and a streetcar planner about what residents can expect in the next couple of years and beyond.
LEARN MORE: "North Rail KC" will host its first public meeting on Thursday, November 21 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the North Kansas City Community Center, 1999 Iron Street, North Kansas City, Mo.
- Jason Waldron works for the Kansas City, Mo., public works department and is the downtown streetcar line’s deputy project manager.
- David Vozzolo is a vice president for HDR Engineering and director of the company's streetcar program.