Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Sun October 28, 2007
Dice-K at the K
By Sylvia Maria Gross
Kansas City, MO – The Royals played their season-opener this week against the Red Sox. They started off winning unexpectedly, 7-1 on Tuesday . . . but just as the weather chilled in Kansas City, so did the Royals luck. And they lost the next two games. But the games themselves were overshadowed by the major league pitching debut of a Japanese superstar . . . Daisuke Matsuzaka. He's becoming known in the US as Dice-K.
KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross was at Kauffman on Thursday and talked to fans who had come from around the country, and some 200 reporters from around the world. And she followed a few of those reporters over to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. This story was produced for KC Currents.