Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Thu March 29, 2012
Demystifying Public Relations, Player Engagement
On this Thursday's Central Standard, a look at the dark art of public relations.
A couple months ago, the Public Relations Society of America crowd -sourced their members to create an up-to-date definition of PR. For an industry that’s all about strategic communication, this was understandably a tall order.
Here's what they came up with--
Public relations is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics.
For this show, we pull the curtain back on this industry with a strong presence in the Kansas City area. Joining us will be Justin LaBerge , account manager for Sturges Word Communications and president-elect of Greater KC Chapter of PRSA.
Then, later in the hour, stick around for a conversation with Lamonte Winston, former director of Player Development for the Chiefs, who has recently joined the Raiders as director of Player Engagement. We'll learn about his plans to continue the Pushing Excellence program that teaches student athletes life skills.