Most Active Stories
- Food Critics: The Best Smoked Foods In Kansas City
- 7 Things To Kick Off Fall This Weekend In Kansas City
- Things You May Not Have Known About The Kansas-Missouri State Line
- At Twenty, Kansas City's 'Sky Stations' Are An Artist's 'Once-In-A-Lifetime' Project
- How One Sprint Employee Is Bracing For Expected Layoffs
Up To Date
Thu July 10, 2014
Death of Kansas City Veteran Emphasizes Need For Timely PTSD Treatment
The death last month of 26-year old Army veteran Isaac Sims in a confrontation with Kansas City, Missouri police raised many questions including whether this loss of life could have been prevented.
On this edition of Up to Date Steve Kraske brings together a panel to look at the events leading up to Sims' death, the special municipal court that works with veterans facing criminal charges, and a therapy program treating military PTSD sufferers while they are still on active duty.