Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri June 27, 2008
Death Date Set in Northern Missouri Meth Murders
By Dan Verbeck, KCUR News
Jefferson City, Mo – The Missouri Supreme Court has set a July 30th execution for a man assessed three death sentences. 48 year old John C. Middleton would be the first Missouri inmate to be executed since 2005. Executions around the country resumed this past April when the U.S.Supreme Court ruled on validity of the lethal injection style.
Mercer County Sheriff Duane Hobbs says Middleton killed two people and left them in the trunk of a car parked in a rural part of his county. Another person was killed in adjacent Hamilton County. The three were believed to have been potential informants and knew of Middleton's purported methamphetamine dealing.
Executions are carried out in Missouri at the Eastern Correctional Center in Bonne Terre.