Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Mon September 12, 2011
Creating a Regional Cultural Plan
The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday announced its "Big Five" - five ideas to move the region forward. The project launched in 2010, collecting nearly 200 suggestions. The list was narrowed down to 20 in July - and many of those ideas were related to arts and culture (including moving the UMKC Conservatory of Music and Dance downtown, which made the top 5).
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, Mo. – KCUR's Laura Spencer spoke with the Arts Council of Metropolitan Kansas City's Harlan Brownlee about one idea that's already underway: creating a regional cultural plan.
In August, Brownlee invited members of the arts, education, business, and government sectors to discuss the issue at an arts summit.
Find out more about the Kansas City Regional Cultural Plan Initiative here.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast