Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Tue February 5, 2013
Counting The Homeless Of Kansas City
Central Standard takes a close look at the most recent homeless count in Kansas City and explore the implications of these findings on these often overlooked residents of our communities. Our guests are Vickie Riddle, Executive Director of Homeless Services Coalition, Ehren Dohler, Kansas City 100,000 Homes Campaign manager and James Ponder, a former client of Dohler's who was once homeless and now lives in an apartment.
Our guests talk about what homelessness looks like in Kansas City after gaining the information from last week's count. The homeless are students, young people, old people and everything in between and many might be surprised to learn there are equal numbers of individuals and families who are homeless. Our guests try to offer solutions to the problem of homelessness in our city and other issues that contribute to this problem.