Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue February 5, 2013
Counting The Homeless Of Kansas City
Central Standard takes a close look at the most recent homeless count in Kansas City and explore the implications of these findings on these often overlooked residents of our communities. Our guests are Vickie Riddle, Executive Director of Homeless Services Coalition, Ehren Dohler, Kansas City 100,000 Homes Campaign manager and James Ponder, a former client of Dohler's who was once homeless and now lives in an apartment.
Our guests talk about what homelessness looks like in Kansas City after gaining the information from last week's count. The homeless are students, young people, old people and everything in between and many might be surprised to learn there are equal numbers of individuals and families who are homeless. Our guests try to offer solutions to the problem of homelessness in our city and other issues that contribute to this problem.