Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri August 15, 2008
Council Presses For Squitiro Resignation
There are 13 members of the city council, counting the mayor. And nine of them are sponsoring a policy resolution on volunteers at City Hall.
Mayor Pro-tem Bill Skaggs wasn't among them, but the significance of the "legal protection" measure was fairly clear to him. Skaggs says his fellow council members seem to be expressing their disapproval of the mayor's wife, Gloria Squitiro, serving as a volunteer worker in the mayor's office... and the city being sued over allegedly discriminatory remarks she made.
The resolution says volunteers can't work in the office of a family member. First committee debate on it is next week.
The council also finalized the issue of who will police KCI, passing a resolution calling for continued cooperation between Kansas City and Airport Police.