Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Food and Drink
Tue September 15, 2009
Cooking with the Deen Brothers
Chef brothers Jamie and Bobby Deen cook up some new dishes as Up to Date broadcasts live from Starker's Restaurant on the Plaza.
Kansas city, Mo –
Jamie and Bobby Deen are much more than just the sons of clog-your-arteries chef Paula Deen. The Deen brothers have their own Food Network show called "Road Tasted", and have no fewer than three cookbooks to their names.
The Deen brothers recently rolled through Kansas City with a new cookbook titled The Deen Bros. Take it Easy: Quick and Affordable Meals the Whole Family Will Love and they joined us in a live broadcast from Starker's Restaurant on the Plaza.
Steve Kraske talked with Jamie and Bobby about their famous mom and growing up in the restaurant business. Plus, along with Starker's chef and owner John McClure, Jamie and Bobby lead us into the restaurant's kitchen and cook up a couple of dishes from their new cookbook.
Find more information about Bobby and Jamie Deen, including recipes for two dishes Steve Kraske cooks with the Dean Bros. on our Culinary Expeditions page.
Photos of Jamie, Bobby and the Up to Date team at Starker's Restaurant