Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Wed March 12, 2008
Constructing a Comic Book: Hector Casanova
Kansas City artist Hector Casanova is an illustrator, artist and creates comic books. KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross stopped by his studio in the West Bottoms to learn more about how he constructs the stories he tells in comic book form.
By Sylvia Maria Gross
Kansas City, MO – Hector Casanova's building is just behind the big haunted houses and old warehouses in the West Bottoms. Behind a neon green door, you first walk into the gallery he runs for alternative art - it's the called the Green Door Gallery. Further back is his home, and his studio - a large room filled with prints, drawing, paintings and posters. Hector demonstrates the multi-media process he's created for the new comic book he's currently working on, Screamland.
Read more and see more pictures of Hector Casanova's monster-creation process on ComicMonsters.com.
Hector Casanova's illustrations have been featured in the Kansas City Star and on our website's banner and our 2005 Year in Review magazine.