Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Mon October 10, 2011
Computer Guys: Patent Law
There's a lot more to that One-Click buying button you see on Amazon.com than just easier online shopping. Behind the scenes, lawsuits rage and those who develop new technology scramble for patents. For this show, the Computer Guys, George Costelle and Thos. O'Brian, stop by and are bringing along Jim Kernell, a Patent/IP attorney.
From open source versus for-profit intellectual property to the limits of patents on creativity, we take an in-depth look at the legalese that surrounds internet innovations. Join us for a conversation about changes to patent laws, the so called patent arms race, and the emergence of patent trolls.
Jim Kernell, Erickson, Kernell, Derusseau & Kleypas, LLC