Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Sun December 16, 2012
Computer Guys: Apps & Tablets
It is expected that there will be 68.5 million more tablets in this world by the end of this year, providing roughly $29.1 billion in sales.
And each one of these tablets is power by apps. With this much money at stake it is little surprise that two of the biggest technology news items of the year involved Google’s battle with Apple over Map applications and new tablet releases from Google, Microsoft and Apple. Apps and Tablets go hand to hand and of course in the global marketplace battles ensue. We ask what tablets and apps do you use and why?
The Computer Guys, Thom O'Brien and George Costello, join Central Standard to determine just what impact the tablet has had on our lives and how the multi-billion dollar industry has become the battle ground of the largest corporations on earth. Also, while there may only be several dozen tablets to chose from there are literally hundreds of thousands of apps to potentially take advantage of, the computer guys will help us make sense of this incredible marketplace.