Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Up to Date
Wed August 8, 2012
The Collapse Of Congress
Congress is a mess.
Bet you already knew that. Congress is rife with gridlock, conflict, and a lack of progress. But the problem is so serious, that the collapse of Congress as an institution is in the cards. And that might cause a few problems.
It's fair to wonder at this point if the problem will ever be fixed. It's also fair to wonder who's responsible for it. One name that comes up - Newt Gingrich.
Thursday on Up to Date, Steve Kraske welcomes Thomas E. Mann, a senior fellow at The Brookings Institution to talk about his book co-authored with Norman J. Ornstein, It's Even Worse Than It Looks: How the American Constitutional System Collided With the New Politics of Extremism.
Thomas E. Mann is the W. Averell Harriman Chair and senior fellow in Governance Studies at The Brookings Institution. Between 1987 and 1999, he was Director of Governmental Studies at Brookings. Before that, Mann was executive director of the American Political Science Association. You can read his full biography here.