Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu February 23, 2012
Clifford Owens: How Performance Provokes, Engages
Owens' multidimensional pieces focus on the interaction between audience and viewer, the intersections of race, culture, and class, issues of identity, and bringing attention to the contributions of African American artists.
While his exhibitions are a combination of photo, video, drawings, and painting, Owens becomes a true provocateur when he interacts with the crowd during his performance art pieces.
Owens will be speaking tonight, February 23rd, as part of the Kansas City Art Institute's Current Perspectives lecture series at 7pm in Epperson Auditorium, Vanderslice Hall on the KCAI campus. More info here.
The 2012 Rocket Grants application process is now open, and will close on April 1st. More info here.