Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Up to Date
Thu January 9, 2014
From the City To The Country: Cindy Hoedel's New Flint Hills Home
Fresh steel-cut oats, dozens of Goldfinches swarming a bird feeder, and charmingly eccentric neighbors are just some of the rustic features of Kansas' Flint Hills.
In the second part of Thursday's Up to Date, we sit down with Kansas City Star writer and columnist Cindy Hoedel to check in on her transition from the big city to the Flint Hills.
- Cindy Hoedel is a Kansas City Star writer and lifestyle columnist.