Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Tue October 15, 2013
Chiefs Execs, Players Distribute Meals For Low-Income Families
Kansas City Chiefs executives and players distributed frozen dinners Tuesday at Arrowhead Stadium to agencies representing low-income families.
The Chiefs are celebrating their 10-year partnership with Tyson Foods and the Lift-Up America organization.
"Twenty-five thousand families will be blessed with a meal as a result of the giveaway," said chairman of the board, Clark Hunt, who spearheaded the program 10 years ago.
Hunt says more than 20 million people have been fed over the 10 years of the partnership. The food Tuesday was distributed to more than 60 different area agencies.