Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue February 12, 2013
Cheney Likes Something Obama's Doing: Drone Strikes
Originally published on Tue February 12, 2013 12:08 pm
"I think it's a good program and I don't disagree with the basic policy that the Obama administration has pursued."
That's the word today from former Vice President Dick Cheney about the Obama administration's use of missiles fired from aerial drones to kill suspected terrorists overseas. And it's OK if the suspects are American citizens, Cheney added, if they've joined with terrorists who are out to harm the United States and its allies.
Drone strikes are the one thing Cheney spoke favorably about when he was asked on CBS This Morning about the current administration.
Otherwise, Cheney thinks:
-- Obama's national security team is "second rate."
-- Obama's foreign and national security policies are making the nation "vulnerable to the future."
"I'm very, very concerned about what I see happening in the national security arena," Cheney said.