Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Fri November 13, 2009
Charlotte Street Foundation Visual Artist Awards 2009
Note: This interview aired in March 2009. From a pool of 34 nominated artists, three were selected as this year's Charlotte Street Foundation visual artist award fellows. They'll receive $10,000 in unrestricted funds, as well as an exhibition in November 2009.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Two of this year's Charlotte Street Foundation visual artist award fellows graduated from the Kansas City Art Institute: Jaimie Warren (in printmaking), and Dylan Mortimer (in painting), who also earned an MFA from the School of Visual Art in New York. There's also Andrzej Zielenski, who earned a BFA from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and an MFA from Yale. KCUR's Laura Spencer met with the three Kansas-City based artists in March 2009 to discuss their work and plans.
"2009 Charlotte Street Foundation Fellows; Dylan Mortimer, Jaimie Warren and Andrzej Zielinski"
Nov. 14, 2009 through March 27, 2010
Opening reception: 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 13
H&R Block Artspace
16 E. 43rd St, Kansas City, Missouri
Download recent arts stories/interviews or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast