Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Sat November 15, 2008
Charlotte Street Foundation Recognizes Generative Artists
Kansas City artists who've been recognized by the Charlotte Street Foundation over the last 10 years will tell you that it helps their reputations and their bank accounts.
By Steve Walker
Kansas City, MO – This year, the organization expanded its definition of "artist" to include an actor and playwright, a dancer/choreographer, and a musician. KCUR's Steve Walker gathered the honorees together and found them to be equally flattered, humbled, and appreciative.
A celebration of the 2008 Fellows' work, including live performances, is set for Friday, November 14, 8pm, at the Kansas City Repertory Theatre Copaken Stage, 1 H&R Block Way, in downtown Kansas City. This event is free and open to the public.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast