Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
12th Street Jump
Sun February 26, 2012
Celebrating The Birthday Of Percussionist Willie Bobo
This week on 12th Street Jump we celebrate the birthday of Latin percussionist Willie Bobo with our special guest Gary Helm.
Willie Bobo was the stage name of an American jazz percussionist William Correa. Correa was from Spanish Harlem New York City and made his name in Afro-Cuban jazz in the 1960s-70s. He died at 49 of cancer. His son Eric is a percussionist with Cypress Hill and has worked with the Beastie Boys.
The gang plays “Who’s Got the Blues” with “Rocksteady” and the release of a new CD entitled “Jazz For Protestors” reveals the angst of people all over the world or at least the funny side.
Fried Neckbones And Some Home Fries
T’Aint What Cha Do, It’s The Way How Cha Do It
Our Day Will Come
Flat Foot Floogie