Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
12th Street Jump
Tue May 22, 2012
Celebrating the Birthday of Miles Davis
This week 12th Street Jump celebrates the birthday of Miles Davis.
Miles Dewey Davis III (May 26, 1926- Sept. 28, 1991) was a very influential jazz musician, trumpeter, bandleader and composer. He is said to have been at the forefront of several major developments of jazz. "Miles Davis played a crucial and inevitably controversial role in every major development in jazz since the mid-'40s, and no other jazz musician has had so profound an effect on rock. Miles Davis was the most widely recognized jazz musician of his era, an outspoken social critic and an arbiter of style—in attitude and fashion—as well as music"The Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock & Roll
12th street is joined by special guest Stan Kessler.
On the funny side of things, Dr. Pearl gives some straight advice, later in the show a connection with Bob Dylan's jazz roots is made.
Something You’ve Got
Peel Me a Grape